Perhaps the most important aspect of ethics is virtue: what kind of person do you want to be? How do you practice good habits to become that person? Today is the 25th anniversary of the MLK holiday. Here are some of the best examples online of honoring the virtues that Martin Luther King, Jr., encouraged:
- MLK Day of Service: An amazing web site that allows you to identify volunteer opportunities in your community then share your stories.
- Teaching Tolerance: The Southern Poverty Law Center site provides downloadable classroom materials and lessons. The free documentary Bullied explores how to stop gay bashing in middle and high schools.
- Mashable links to YouTube reenactments of King’s speeches.
- The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum provides interactive information in 12 languages.
- Undocumented students find their voice and each other on Facebook at the Student Immigration Movement page.
- Need help finding a cause to help make a difference in world. Set your priorities on the kind of organization you want to support financially with Jumo, created by Facebook’s co-founder. Be the change.